"I don't know what I want to do when I grow up,"... you may still hear me say this at times! At some point (or it may be at many points) most people will wonder if there is more to life, if they are making a difference. People may refer to this as their "purpose", "calling", "divine destiny", "gifting", "life mission" etc.
Never in a million years would I have thought that I would be a surrogate as a child, teen, or young adult. However, I now believe that being a surrogate is part of what I was created for...it is a piece of my purpose!
Through this process I have learned 3 Ways to Know You are Doing What You Were Created For!
1. Do Well. When you are operating in your life's purpose, you will have a gifting to do it well, uniquely, and/or easier, than others. You will have a special grace to do it. Grace can be defined as "the power of God to do things His way."
2. Enjoy Doing. When you are operating in your life's purpose, it will be energizing to you. You could say for the most part, it will be energy providing instead of energy demanding. This doesn't mean that it isn't hard work, but at the end of the day, you will be fulfilled!
3. Everyone is NOT doing it. You have a unique calling...even if others are doing it, your way of doing it is unique to you. God has given us each a personality, set of skills (that we can improve on), and experiences that all mesh together to make you -YOU! Find your niche...this is where your natural, mixes with God's supernatural to change lives!
Tiffany Jo Baker
This is a picture of God's faithfulness. Meet Eleanor Grace, the fifth surrogate baby that I have had the privilege to carry and deliver on June 15th, 2017. Isn't she beautiful?!?! I love this picture...the watermelon outfit is so fitting...during the last 2 months of pregnancy I craved watermelon something fierce! I still do. (side note: If you haven't tried the Watermelon Mint Lemonade from Chick-fil-A, you are missing out!)
This picture will be for our family a reminder of God's faithfulness. In the Old Testament of the Bible, the children of Israel would resurrect Memorial Stones as a reminder of the miracles that God had done for them along their journey. The Bible gives examples in 1 Samuel 7:12 and Joshua 4:1-24. The Hebrew word for memorial means "to remember". As humans, it is so easy to forget the small & big miracles and answers to prayer that WE have had along our journey.
One thing that you can do to help build your faith for your dreams is to have "Memorial Stones". This can be a wall of pictures, shelf of items, or a Journal that symbolizes, records, and reminds us of God's faithfulness everyday! We used to have a shelf in our previous house and now we have pictures and items throughout our house as reminders.
These "Memorial Stones" will do 3 things:
1. Increase your faith...that God is a faithful God and answers prayers!
2. Be instruments that God can use to share his faithfulness with others!
3. Be testimonies of God's faithfulness to be shared with your children!
Create your space to build your faith for your dream! You may have the items already in your home, or you may need to create a journal, print our some pictures, or make space on a shelf. You will be amazed at the number of things (large & small) that God has done along the way! This practice will also help you be more aware of the miracles that happen on our behalf EVERYDAY!
Blessings on your journey,
Tiffany Jo Baker
Tiffany Jo Baker is a 3x surrogate, speaker, coach, confidante and cheerleader to help you birth your dreams.
Do you have a Guest Blog Post to share? Find out more HERE.